Quetta: At least two people were killed and eight injured in a bomb blast in Khuzdar district of Balochistan in Pakistan on Tuesday night. Foreign Minister Bilawal Bhutto Zardari has termed this incident as a terrorist incident. Dawn newspaper quoted Khuzdar Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Fahad Khosa as saying that the blast took place near Talwar Chowk on Sultan Road. They said the bomb was attached to a magnet under the car and then detonated using a remote control device.
He said Naveed Shahwani, 20-year-old son of Dawn correspondent Wahid Shahwani, and Amanullah, a businessman, were killed in the blast, while eight others were injured. He said that the injured have been admitted to a nearby hospital and an immediate investigation has been started by deploying a heavy force at the incident site. The SSP said that initial reports indicated that the terrorists had targeted the businessman.
Foreign Minister Bilawal Bhutto condemned the terrorist attack in a statement. He said that those who target innocent people have nothing to do with any religion or creed. He said that Pakistan and its government are determined to eradicate terrorism. Balochistan Chief Minister Mir Abdul Qudous Bizenjo also strongly condemned the attack and expressed grief over the loss of innocent lives and expressed his condolences to their families.
He said that terrorists are targeting innocent people. The conspiracy to destabilize the province through terrorism and anarchy will be thwarted. Everyone should condemn terrorism. We have to fight unitedly against terrorists.” He directed the concerned authorities to tighten security in Khuzdar. It should be noted that two policemen were killed and two were seriously injured in a similar explosion in Khuzdar last month. .